Like many system configuration tools, the program requires "Run as Administrator" privilege.
In this case, this elevated privilege is required to enable access to the UEFI variables.
- Immediately after startup the program displays a page containing instructions and a "Grant Permission" button.
- Clicking this button requests the program be upgraded to "Run As Administrator"
- The screen will be cleared except for the "User Account Control" approval message.
- If the current logon account is a member of the Administrators Group clicking OK on this message is sufficient.
- If not logged into an Administrator account, the user will be prompted for Administrator Credentials.
- Once approval is granted the program will restart with the ability to use Administrator functions.
Next Topic ➪The Secure Boot Checkup Report